Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Royal Wedding

Hello people.

Yesterday I watched bits and pieces of the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate, but not the entire thing. What I saw though was very lovely. It was a truly beautiful ceremony in my opinion. Kate looked spectacular, William looked handsome, and together they glowed with love and promise.

Of course, there were people out there who thought the entire wedding was ridiculous. They complained of how much of a "waste" it was to spend all that money and make such a commotion over a silly wedding event.

Now weddings in America where an unimportant couple spends hundreds of thousands of dollars on everything seem silly to me, but I feel that a royal wedding in England that involves the future rulers of the country is something that has the right to be treated differently. I don't see Prince William and Kate having some shitty wedding in a rundown little chapel. The way I see it, the wedding was a day for people all over the world to come together and forget about the negativity. It was a day for happiness and celebration, to admire the beauty and love of a fairytale romance. The wedding warmed my heart and most likely warmed the heart of millions.

Anyway, I wish Kate and William a happy marriage. It was really refreshing to see such a lovely event :)



No comments:

Post a Comment