Tuesday, July 12, 2011

DON'T BUY FROM PETSMART/PETCO!!!!


Just kidding :D

Lately I've re-discovered PETA-Freaks and their antics on the web, particularly on Youtube. I'm not saying that all PETA people are insane, but a lot of them seem to be. They usually turn out to be as uneducated as they sound, and I'm torn between laughing at them or pelting them with dead hamsters. Either way, I eventually get into an angry rant.

If you don't know the details, certain PETA members and other animal rights activists like to post their idiotic opinions on Youtube along with their undercover "investigations". Most of these people are misinformed, butthurt, ignorant, or all of the above. Today I found plenty of videos and comments hating on major pet stores and how they treat their animals, along with their complaints against average pet-owners.

Anything you do in your video is abuse (according to their logic). Holding it wrong? Abuse. Minor problem with the cage? Abuse. They WILL find an excuse to criticize whatever you're doing. 

But back to the pet store thing. Here are the most frequent complaints and my responses:

Family-owned stores are better than big pet stores! Everyone should buy from them instead!
From my experience with certain local pet stores, they aren't all that wonderful. You can find a few that are pretty good, but for the most part there are going to be some issues. Sometimes local stores don't have appropriate housing. Sometimes they don't have ways to treat sick animals or they don't have all the right equipment to care for all the animals. I've seen some awful pet stores, trust me. At big businesses like Petco and Petsmart they can afford to have the right housing, equipment, medication, etc. I've never had an issue with an animal I've bought from Petsmart. I have a bearded dragon from Petsmart and a hamster from a local pet store. They're both within the same level of quality when it comes to animals.



Breeders are always the best choice for every animal!
Not always you simple-minded idiots. My mom got a leopard gecko from a breeder and it was severely malnourished and died within the month. After that she went to Petsmart and bought a new gecko and guess what? That thing has been living happily for MONTHS. Besides, I can't find a convenient breeder for EVERY animal. When I was looking for hamsters did you honestly expect me to hunt down a breeder in my state just so that I MAY or MAY NOT get a good animal? Hell no. I went to the friggin' pet store and looked at the little rodents and picked one out. 


Petsmart and Petco employees lie to their costumers!
I have been to several of their stores and not once have I been lied to about an animal. They made sure I had EVERYTHING I needed to care for that animal and answered all of my questions. Just because their statement isn't the shit that you read on Wikipedia doesn't mean that they're wrong dumbass.


I bought an animal from a big pet store and it died!
Bitch, maybe you weren't caring for it right. And guess what? In EVERY lot of animals there is going to be a bad one. Maybe you got the bad one. Maybe you didn't feed it everyday. Maybe you were too busy making shitty youtube videos to give it the care it needed. Who knows?


Animals get sick and die at those big pet stores!
Animals get sick and die at EVERY pets store EVERYWHERE. But from what I know from the stores, they usually send sick animals to the vet so that they can make a full recovery. Sometimes animals come out alright. Sometimes they don't. It isn't always the store's fault. It's called mother nature.


PETA has all sorts of videos showing how they abuse their animals!
It's called propaganda. They will show the worst of the worst and say that it applies to each and every store out there. Sure, some of the mills ARE bad but you can't save every damn animal. Besides, it's not like PETA doesn't edit/clip their videos to make things seem even worse than they are. God forbid an employee uttered a joke about animal mistreatment or else that would be on their Youtube page too.


BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT!!!!
If you don't like those places then fine, but don't go to your idiotic lengths to cause harm to those stores. Just keep your damn mouth closed and buy an animal wherever you frikkin' please. Now I'm going to go tend to my PERFECTLY HAPPY AND HEALTHY bearded dragon from PET'SMART.

No comments:

Post a Comment