Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Uncommon Kindness

You know, believe it or not a lot of people think I'm nothing more than a raging asshole. Never would have guessed it right? I mean, this blog certainly isn't evidence of anything attributed to that...


While it may be true that I can be a jerk in certain situations, I do actually have a heart and a kind one at that. Not everyone will see it though. It's usually a random stranger or someone I'm particularly close to. I don't show love for everyone because I don't love everyone I meet, and I don't feel like I have to in order to be a good person. I have a small circle of people who I desire to be especially good to and I live contently with that. 


I thought of a quote yesterday while talking to two people who are very dear to me, and that quote is: "I have a big heart for people who are willing to find it.". I will be polite to strangers and to those who seem in need even if I don't know them well, but my greatest compassion still lies with the people who care about me the most. There are few things that really bring warmth to my heart but making someone happy and brightening their day is definitely one of them. 


I have nothing to prove to anyone. If I do something it's because I want to. I love being generous and it's a thread of happiness that I hold on to tightly. I could list the kind things I have done for people but it what meaning would that have? I'm not trying to earn a score here, I'm just trying to prove a point. 


This entry is basically a reminder to go out and be caring to people who deserve it. If you are compassionate to others it will reward you in so many ways. With all the madness and negativity in the world we shouldn't forget the people who love us and the people who just need someone to be there, even if only for a moment. Sure, it sounds strange that this is coming from the writer of a blog like A Ranting Matter but underneath it all is a girl who holds generosity as a close value. 


So do something nice for someone today. Let the people closest to you in your life know that you love them. Show someone how much they mean to you. Someone might be feeling terrible right now and your act of kindness is the thing that pulls them through the day. If the thought of that doesn't make you feel a bit better inside, I don't know what will. 


There is always a time to be loving and we should take the chance whenever possible. You never know when someone will leave or become distant.


Be good to others for their fulfillment as you would be good to yourself. 


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment